Where it all began....

Where it all began....

Wednesday 2 June 2010

We have made it to Polpeor, just past Lizard Point - we are all still alive!!!! The last 2 miles were fairly 'sketchy' with 5 foot tidal races and breaking surf over the reefs.....Paul and I (Tiff) managed to miss most of the rocks...although the boats may not float in the morning!

Prior to this the rest of the trip was good and were accompanied by a friend from Falmouth, who departed at Cadgwith (wise move!). Plus the Manacles were not lively as anticipated, in the calm conditions (but the Lizard made up for that...).

Tomorrow we will aim for Penzance, but conditions will dictate play a little.

I'm currently at a friends house on the Lizard, having gone to Helston Hospital. The day was my toughest so far, with sand clogging up my left eye so I was unable to see out of it.....It is worth noting that I do NOT recommend attempting the Lizard with one eye in roughish conditions - its scary!!!!

Blister update: Paul has 3, Ollie 5 to 9 (doesn't wish to look under his current plasters) & I'm not fairing too bad with most of mine turning into pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment